Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Randolph… a Collaboration project {update!}








For those of you who have already met and read the story behind Randolph the Adventure Hog in the current Blanket issue {Issue 22 – The Cosmos Issue} – I thought I would give you a little update on his latest adventure!
And for anyone who doesn’t have the faintest idea what I am talking about here’s a brief intro…

While researching an interview with Melbourne artist, Kaitlin Beckett, for the Cosmos Issue I came across an intriguing sentence on her website asking people to send her objects for a favourable response. This sparked an idea – and a collaboration project between Kaitlin and I {although to be fair my role was quite simple – finding and photographing some objects I hoped would inspire Kaitlin to create a piece of artwork}. The result was Randolph – The Adventure Hog! Isn’t he cute.

So now back to the update… Randolph took an exciting adventure recently in a postal packet, via an airplane all the way from Melbourne, Australia to Manchester, UK. He is currently residing in my studio alongside his ceramic likeness that inspired the artwork – finally completing the full circle.

You can read all about Randolph and the Collaboration Project in the current issue – Blanket Issue 22 {The Cosmos Issue}

No comments:

Post a Comment