Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Past & Present Influences?


The Lady of Shalott by John William Waterhouse

When I was younger I had this painting up on my wall of the 'Lady of Shalott' by John William Waterhouse. Over 10 years ago when I was last in London I missed seeing it because it wasn't out on display. But while I'm in London I thought I would go to the Tate Britain and see it (I checked this time and it was on display).

It was such a joy to finally see it and because of the upcoming Past & Present issue it made me think about the influence other artists have had on my life and how it has shaped what I do now.

So I thought it would be interesting to find out what artists or paintings have influenced other people in their lives and why?

Leave your comment below so we can all share ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment