Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Blanket Guest Blogger: Erin from Design for Mankind

We were delighted to have the lovely Miss Erin from Design For Mankind to be our very first Blanket guest Blogger. With so much inspiration surrounding her everyday we asked Erin what inspires her?
Erin: Gracious. This is one of the hardest questions for me to answer, because I feel so inspired by so many different things! But, if I had to choose, here are my top five inspirations, along with a few reasons why I think they're totally awesome:



1. Libraries

I love the smell of old books, new books and well, books in general. Although I have to admit, art/design books smell the best.



2. Rain
I love to write during a thunderstorm. Although I don't have a tin roof like in the movies, I still feel like I'm a bit of a star.



3. Portland
As in Portland, Oregon. OK, I've never been there. But because of aforementioned #2 and the bustling art community, I feel like I would love it. I often close my eyes and pretend like I live in a tiny bungalow there. Portlanders--- do they even HAVE bungalows in OR?



4. I.D. Magazine
I get so excited when this goodie arrives in my mailbox every two months that I have my own night dedicated to the action. I call my husband, scream "It's I.D. Day!" and he brings home Chinese food as I devour every inch of those beautifully laid out margins. It's quite possibly my favorite day of the bi-month!



5. Photography
When I'm feeling low on inspiration, I browse Flickr and choose some favorites depending on my mood. It's a fun game for me to play, and sometimes I have to 'unfavorite' my picks and wonder what exact state of mind I was in when I chose that, but most of the time, I love my favorites forever.

www.designformankind.com

No comments:

Post a Comment