Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2009 New Years Resolutions!


Every year I make them and break them! But I have a feeling 2009 is going to be my year! So here's a list of what I have decided to accomplish in 2009!

Read a book once a month
I spend so much time on the internet I feel like I am constantly reading something - but there's nothing like getting a book from the library. I love that musty book smell and that used feeling from all those people who have read it before you. Maybe a tiny mark or a dog eared page - or even sometimes underlined passages from someone who was inspired by a sentence. I have found and printed out a list of '50 books to read before you die' and I've just received my new library card in the mail so I am going to slowly tick my way through them!

Practice Yoga
Not only does sitting on a computer all day give me very bad posture but I am hoping to win the fight against my genes. My great aunt is 82 and has a hump and I'm hoping it's not something I will inherit. I have made this resolution every year for the past 5 years but this time I bought a yoga mat and everything!

Go to Life Drawing Classes
I have a constant steam of inspiring artwork being sent to my inbox everyday and to tell you the truth it's a little daunting. There's some talented people out there and I haven't picked up a pencil for a long time - in fact I was never really very good at drawing. I did want to be the next Leonardo da Vinci when I was growing up but I learned very quickly that this was not a very realistic prospect for me. Which is why I took up photography instead - no drawing involved. But I'm determined to give it a go this year.

Keep Blanket Going
It's a struggle sometimes I have to be honest but I'm hoping that 2009 is going to be Blanket's year! I'm working on the theory that if you envision big things then big things will come!

Anyone else got some New Years resolutions to inspire us? Please post a comment.
~ Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment